Monday, October 22, 2012

Thoughts on the Tech Tools for Teachers

Throughout the 21st century there are always new ideas or new technology. Technology itself can be overwhelming for everyone. Starting in the 1980's the big cell phones were in starting to become a big if you had a cell phone in your cars. In the 1990's the cell phones were beginning to get smaller with online access. In 2000 and beyond we started with I-pods, I-phones, with all the different apps for us to get involved within our social lives.

In my opinion, we lose the actual face to face conversation with our peers and loved ones. With technology it keeps growing quickly. I need to learn and catch up with it. With teachers, there are so many  great tools for us, I just  need to learn. We keep learning more and more because our technology is growing faster and trying to keep up us up to date with our students. What I would like to get out of this class is to finally appreciate computers. Have a good relationship of understanding computers. Learn all the different aspect of computers, learn the short cuts and keep learning more technology in education. Computers since I was little, was hard for me to understand. I am used to reading books, journals, letters within actual text books not looking online for them. I feel it is great that technology is easier for us, to save more time. But in reality, I feel that technology is making us cheat more often then actually taking the credit to find the product. I remember my second grade teacher would always give us a Friday award for finding actual books within the library. As a student I felt great actually understanding how to find a book or an author in the card catalog. Now days, students do not know what a card catalog is. My sister and I are eight years apart; she is in high school and is on the computer all day long. She is allowed to have laptops within her classes, typing rather then writing in a notebook for taking notes.

As a teacher, I am realizing that technology is growing quickly and our students are becoming more involved in it. I need to start getting the grasp of technology. My goal in my teaching life is to be a great teacher.  If I do not understand technology quickly like my students will, I feel like I will lose my students because I am personally not up to date with them, as I should be. I am used to writing all the time in a notebook, not typing as much. Change can be a good thing but I do like the old fashion education of learning which is paper and pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment