Sunday, November 25, 2012

Technology and Elections

As I was reading this article on the reader Technology and 21st century elections from History Tech, it caught my eye about the difference in our today elections than the past elections. We all know standing in line waiting for our turn to vote is always boring or just wasting time. It was interesting reading how we can vote on our mobile phones, for instance the campaign tools powered by cloud computing. I tried using this on my android phone I searched in the Google search engine, and it took me to the campaign voting site. I clicked on it, looked for the button on the left side to vote. I clicked on the button and I could not upload the site because the site was blocking me. I could not use the voting tool. I asked my parents who both own a IPhone and they both could vote on their IPhone with no problems. It was a lot easier for them to vote just a click from their phone, but for me I could not use the mobile phone due to my service plan that I chose. It is interesting ready that "80 million voters in the U.S. will access political information critical to their decision making process via cloud-based news and campaign apps on smart phones. A 200% increase from the 2008  Presidential race". That is great to hear about, that our technology is doing  a great job campaigning for our elections, making it easier for us to vote. The Internet helped our Presidential campaigns both promote what they wanted by our social media apps and our Internet.

This technology tool is one of kind, it helped my parents make voting easier than waiting in a line. It took my parents less then ten minutes to vote for their candidate. Instead of waiting in line to vote, they got their voting in and continued on their daily schedule lives. I could not enjoy that experience due to my Android phone but I still made the time to go vote tonight, even though I had to wait least thirty to forty minutes, I voted for my candidate. It was great that my parents got to use the technology tool, I wish I could have but my parents were very happy with the technology tool. My dad will be looking for some more technology tools in the near future he says. I have a feeling that technology tools will keep growing more and helping our country with all the success that we need. I can not wait till the next four years to vote again hopefully with only an option with technology tool to vote for our presidential candidates in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment